Friday, April 17, 2009

My first flarf?

This is written as part of the Poetic Asides National Poetry Month writing challenge. I wasn't all that into the prompt, and this came out, perhaps a bit snarkier than I intended, but there it is.


All I want is

peace love and understanding
and this lamp,
the breeze off the ocean,
noise putty,
a loaf of bread, a jug of wine,
more hair (except on my back),
sharks with fricking laserbeams attached to their heads,
a pair of really comfortable shoes,
Boo-Berry,
an iPhone rolling on twenty-twos,
the question for which 42 is the answer,
less foot pain,
the movie rights,
forgiven student loans,
more visitors to my blog,
a cup of coffee that tastes as good as it smells,
Velveeta.


If flarf is intentionally bad poetry, then I think this qualifies, though it certainly wouldn't be my first flarf piece. That would probably be my "Sonnet to Sausage," mercifully unpublished all these years.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home